Eligible customers include businesses, municipalities and multi-unit residential buildings in Canada that are looking to install new (cannot be replacement equipment), permanent EV charging infrastructure in any of the following locations. Proof of ownership or access to the land where the infrastructure is to be installed is required.
- Parking areas must be intended for public use
- Examples: service stations, retail, restaurants, arenas, libraries, medical centres, etc.
- On-street chargers are considered for public use, and are eligible for participation in the program
- Employees must be the primary users of the chargers
- Charging infrastructure at private residences are not eligible for this program, even if a business is registered at the same address
Multi-Unit Residential Buildings
- Buildings must have a minimum of three (3) dwelling units
Commercial and Public Fleets
- Fleets must be used to support organizational or business operations and activities
- Examples: light, medium or heavy-duty vehicles, taxies, delivery vehicles, municipal utility vehicles, forklifts, airport ground support vehicles, etc.
Through this program, if eligible, applicants can receive up to 50% of project costs back, up to a maximum of $100,000 per application.
Type of Infrastructure
Level 2 (208 / 240 V) connectors
3.3kW to 19.2kW
Up to 50% of total project costs, to a maximum of $5,000 per connector
20kW to 49kW
Up to 50% of total project costs, to a maximum of $15,000 per charger
50kW to 99Kw
Up to 50% of total project costs, to a maximum of $50,000 per charger
100 kW and above
Up to 50% of total project costs, to a maximum of $75,000 per charger
Charging infrastructure targeting general public use must be installed in a parking space clearly identified for the purpose of charging electric vehicles. Chargers will have the ability to communicate to other stations and/or to a server or the cloud through cellular/wireless signal or connected vehicle communications using software to report on usage and/or other capabilities such as providing real-time status of charging stations. Chargers will be commercially available and certified for use in Canada. Level 2 chargers will have a SAE J1772 standard plug head or be a proprietary connector type. DC Fast Chargers include one or more of the following charging connector types: CHAdeMO, SAE J1772 Combo (CCS) or be a proprietary connector type. Proprietary connector types will represent a maximum of 75% of all charging connectors installed at the same Sub-Project site.
Eligible costs for an approved project must be directly related to, and necessary for, the implementation of the project. Examples include:
- Capital expenses, including informatics and other equipment or infrastructure
- Rental fees or leasing costs
- License fees and permits
- Costs associated with Environmental Assessments
- Professional services (e.g. data collection, logistics, printing, distribution)
- HST net of any tax rebate to which the recipient is entitled
- Overhead expenses directly related to the project
Our program is now fully subscribed and we are no longer accepting applications. Funding updates will be posted on this page if/when they are announced, so please check back often.