Below are the answers to our most commonly asked questions.
My Account FAQ's
If you’ve not made a payment yet, enter $0.00 as your last payment amount. You will be prompted to enter the phone number we have listed on your Alectra account.
Did you add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your safe senders list? Please check your spam/junk folders. If not found, please contact us.
To reset your password, on My Account Login click the “Forgot your password?” button and enter the email address you registered with or updated on your My Account profile. You will receive an email from us with instructions on how to reset your password.
Please contact us to delete your My Account profile. When it’s been cleared from our system, you’ll be able to sign up for My Account using your new email address and create a new password.
No, you can link multiple accounts to one My Account profile.
- Log in and go to the My Profile tab
- Below your profile is the Account Access List where you can link accounts to your profile
- For each one you link, you’ll need the account number and last payment amount for verification
- If you’re on paperless ebilling, linked accounts will be paperless too
To see the accounts linked to your profile, click the My Account Lists in the top left corner of the dashboard. You can search and filter your list and select the account number you want to view.
Yes, you will need to register each account individually. Please note that if more than one account is registered with the same email address you can only log in using the account number; using the email address log in will not work.
On the My Profile tab, enter and verify your new email address. After you click the “Update My Profile” button an email will be sent to the deleted email address for you to confirm the change by clicking on the “Confirm Email Address Change” link in that email.
Please contact us to delete the My Account profile. When it’s been cleared from our system, you’ll be able to sign up for My Account using a different email address and create a new password.
On the My Profile tab you can go paperless by clicking the ebilling YES button. An email will be automatically sent to you advising a change has been made to your account.
On the Forms tab select the Pre-Authorized Payment Form option, complete the mandatory fields, and submit the application.
- Your enrollment will take effect on your next Alectra bill
- Please pay any current charges and/or arrears by the due date to avoid late payment charges
You can give guests access to all or some of your My Account information.
- On the My Profile tab click the Guest Access tab
- Enter your guest’s email address
- From the list, select each area you would like to give your guest access to
- Click the “Send Guest Invitation” button.
- We will send your guest an email with a link to activate their online access to your account
Note: Guests do not receive copies of ebill notifications or paper bills and cannot make any changes to your My Account profile.
Please contact us to investigate. You may have inadvertently unsubscribed from receiving emails from Alectra Utilities.
Unfortunately, you cannot update your telephone numbers online through My Account. Please contact us to add or change a phone number associated with your account.
To unsubscribe from paperless ebilling emails, click ebilling NO on the My Profile tab.
To unsubscribe from emails about services or program information, click on the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the original email.
Click “go back and try again” to see if the error has fixed itself. If you continue to see an error, clearing your internet browser cache should resolve the issue.
If you continue to have difficulties logging in, please contact us for assistance.
Choose Your Rate Option FAQ's
Don’t be alarmed if your next bill doesn’t show your new rate option. We will do our best to process the change for the beginning of your next billing period. This means your rate will change within 30 days and all electricity used after this date will be charged at the new rate. You will see this on the following month’s bill.
Time-of-Use Pricing reflects the cost of producing electricity at different times of day based on demand. It has three periods: on-peak, when energy demand and cost is high, mid-peak, when energy demand and cost is moderate, and off-peak, when energy demand and cost is low.
Time-of-Use Pricing ultimately gives you more control over your electricity bill. By adjusting your usage habits, Time-of-Use pricing enables you to save money during hours when electricity is more expensive.
Tiered Pricing is one price for usage based on a threshold amount and a higher price for usage over that threshold.
- The threshold for residential consumers changes twice a year on a seasonal basis; to 600 kilowatt-hours per month during the summer season (May 1 to October 31) and to 1,000 kilowatt-hours per month during the winter season (November 1 to April 30).
- The threshold for non-residential consumers is 750 kilowatt-hours per month.
Time-of-Use and Tiered Prices are set by the Ontario Energy Board.
No, if you choose to stay on Time-of-Use Pricing, you don’t have to let us know. It’s our default pricing option.
- You can let us know any time. After you submit a request, we will make every effort to apply your selection to your next electricity statement. If the current month's bill is already in process it will be applied on the following bill.
- More than one Rate Option Selection cannot be processed in one monthly billing cycle
No, you’re not locked into a price plan. You can switch between Time-of-Use and Tiered Pricing at any time, however, more than one Rate Option Selection cannot be processed in one monthly billing cycle.
No, if you have signed a contract with an energy retailer for your electricity supply, you have agreed to purchase electricity at a fixed price for a set period of time. If you return to the Regulated Price Plan when your contract ends, you will have the option to switch your rate.
If you are a new customer, your default rate plan will be Time-of-Use unless you select Tiered Pricing when you tell us you’re moving. Use our online form to let us know you’re moving and your Rate Option selection.
A landlord or property manager with an existing Landlord Transfer Agreement can now chose Time-of-Use or Tiered Rate Options when a tenant moves out and the landlord assumes responsibility for the electricity account. Click here to access the Landlord Agreement & Rate Option form.