Call centre alert: High volume of calls may increase your wait times.
Please refer to the links below for immediate online assistance.
If you received a survey invitation from Alectra Utilities and J.D. Power we encourage you to share your feedback to help us better understand your experience and improve our services!
- We’ve hired J.D. Power to administer the survey, a research company dedicated to improving customer experience.
- The survey should take no more than 20 minutes to complete.
- All data will be reported in combination with other surveys to keep your personal feedback confidential.
FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
Don’t be alarmed if your next bill doesn’t show your new rate option. We will do our best to process the change for the beginning of your next billing period. This means your rate will change within 30 days and all electricity used after this date will be charged at the new rate. You will see this on the following month’s bill.
Time-of-Use Pricing reflects the cost of producing electricity at different times of day based on demand. It has three periods: on-peak, when energy demand and cost is high, mid-peak, when energy demand and cost is moderate, and off-peak, when energy demand and cost is low.
Time-of-Use Pricing ultimately gives you more control over your electricity bill. By adjusting your usage habits, Time-of-Use Pricing enables you to save money during hours when electricity is more expensive.
Tiered Pricing is one price for usage based on a threshold amount and a higher price for usage over that threshold.
- The threshold for residential consumers changes twice a year on a seasonal basis; to 600 kilowatt-hours per month during the summer season (May 1 to October 31) and to 1,000 kilowatt-hours per month during the winter season (November 1 to April 30).
- The threshold for non-residential consumers is 750 kilowatt-hours per month.
Time-of-Use and Tiered Prices are set by the Ontario Energy Board.
No, if you choose to stay on Time-of-Use Pricing, you don’t have to let us know. It’s our default pricing option.
- You can let us know any time. After you submit a request, we will make every effort to apply your selection to your next electricity statement. If the current month's bill is already in process it will be applied on the following bill.
- More than one Rate Option Selection cannot be processed in one monthly billing cycle
No, you’re not locked into a price plan. You can switch between Time-of-Use and Tiered pricing at any time, however, more than one Rate Option Selection cannot be processed in one monthly billing cycle.
No, if you have signed a contract with an energy retailer for your electricity supply, you have agreed to purchase electricity at a fixed price for a set period of time. If you return to the Regulated Price Plan when your contract ends, you will have the option to switch your rate.
If you are a new customer, your default rate plan will be Time-of-Use unless you select Tiered Pricing when you tell us you’re moving. Use our online form to let us know you’re moving and your Rate Option selection.
Alectra Utilities no longer accepts in-person payments.
We offer many convenient options to pay your bill including by postal mail to:
PO Box 3700,
Concord, ON L4K 5N2
*You must include the bottom portion of your Alectra Utilities bill with your payment if sending it by postal mail.
2185 Derry Road West, Mississauga, Ontario L5N 7A6
Alectra Utilities Corporation
55 John Street North, Hamilton, Ontario L8R 3M8
Alectra Energy Solutions
161 Cityview Boulevard, Vaughan, Ontario L4H 0A9
Green Energy and Technology Centre (GRE&T Centre)
395 Southgate Dr, Guelph, ON N1G 4Y1
- Outages and power supply issues 24/7/365
- Customer Service (Monday – Friday, 8:30 – 4:30)
- By extension or employee directory