Call centre alert: High volume of calls may increase your wait times.
Our call centre employees are working from home to help slow and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Please refer to the links below for immediate online assistance.
FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
Alectra will be waiving late payment charges for all residential and small commercial customers, effective April 15, 2020 for a 60-day period. This will ensure that our 980,000 residential and small business customers will not be financially impacted for late payments during this difficult time.
Additionally, in partnership with three municipalities where Alectra provides water billing services -- Markham, Vaughan and Hamilton -- we will be extending this policy to all water customers in those municipalities.
No. We have extended the provincially mandated moratorium on residential and small business disconnection for non-payment until July 31, 2020. We will work with customers to provide flexible payment arrangements and we encourage residential customers experiencing payment difficulties to also seek support through the Low Income Energy Assistance Program and the Ontario Electricity Support Program.
The Government of Ontario recently issued an Emergency Order under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act, announcing that effective March 24, 2020, residential and small business customers on time-of-use (TOU) pricing will pay 10.1¢/kWh no matter what time of day the electricity is consumed.
The 10.1¢/kWh pricing applies automatically from March 24 through May 31, 2020 – no customer action is required.
No, you will not experience a change in your service. We prepare year-round for the unexpected and have initiated detailed pandemic plans to ensure the health, safety and physical well-being of our customers and employees.
We do not collect security deposits on residential accounts.
For small businesses, Alectra is refunding security deposits for qualified customers who have achieved 3-years of good payment history. Contact us at 1-833-ALECTRA to discuss your security deposit.
We understand that sometimes it is hard to make ends meet. Alectra and the Ontario Energy Board offer a variety of programs to help customers pay their electricity bills.
Alectra has a range of programs and payment options including:
- The Arrears Payment Agreement is available to eligible residential and small business customers who are unable to pay their electricity bill. These agreements give customers more time to pay outstanding balances.
- The Low-Income Energy Assistance Program that provides year-round emergency financial relief to eligible low-income customers.
- The Ontario Electricity Support Program that enables eligible low-income customers to receive a fixed monthly credit on their electricity bills.
To help prevent the spread of the virus we are no longer accepting visitors at our service and office locations, and non-essential employees are working remotely.
Alectra’s Jane Street office in Vaughan has been closed to avoid interaction with patients at a medical clinic located in the same building.
Ontario is deferring a portion of Global Adjustment (GA) charges for industrial and commercial electricity consumers that do not participate in the Regulated Price Plan (RPP), starting from April 2020.
The GA rate for smaller industrial and commercial consumers (i.e., Class B) has been set at $115 per megawatt-hour, which is roughly in line with the March 2020 value. Large industrial and commercial consumers (i.e., Class A) will receive the same percentage reduction in GA charges as Class B consumers.
The government intends to keep this relief in place through the end of June 2020, subject to necessary extensions and approvals to implement this initiative. Industrial and commercial electricity consumers will automatically see this relief reflected on their bills. Consumers who have already received their April bill should see an adjustment on a future bill.
- Alectra has activated its Emergency Operations Centre and is working closely with the province and its municipal partners.
- All non-essential employees have been assigned to work from home and operations have been scaled back to focus on safe and reliable delivery of the following core services:
- The continued safe operation of our electricity grid
- Emergency and restorative services, and;
- Other services required to support emergency field operations.
- Alectra is maintaining call centre services to handle customer moving and payment inquiries, as well as full emergency power restoration capabilities to respond to storms and other events.
- We are following the direction of health authorities to ensure that our practices are aligned with the latest recommendations and we have put protocols in place to minimize the risk for our employees and the public. To ensure the safety of our customers:
- We are no longer accepting visitors at our service and office locations, and non-essential employees are working remotely.
- Drop boxes at all locations have been closed.
On April 7th, Alectra provided 16,800 N95 particulate respirator masks to hospitals across its service territory to help address shortages resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. N95 masks were distributed to:
- Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre (Barrie)
- Guelph General Hospital (Guelph)
- Hamilton Health Sciences (Hamilton)
- Markham-Stouffville-Hospital (Markham)
- Trillium Health Partners (Mississauga)
- Greater Niagara General Hospital (St. Catharines)
- Mackenzie Health (Vaughan)
Alectra Utilities no longer accepts in-person payments.
We offer many convenient options to pay your bill including by postal mail to:
PO Box 3700,
Concord, ON L4K 5N2
*You must include the bottom portion of your Alectra Utilities bill with your payment if sending it by postal mail.
2185 Derry Road West, Mississauga, Ontario L5N 7A6
Alectra Utilities Corporation
55 John Street North, Hamilton, Ontario L8R 3M8
Alectra Energy Solutions
161 Cityview Boulevard, Vaughan, Ontario L4H 0A9
Green Energy and Technology Centre (GRE&T Centre)
395 Southgate Dr, Guelph, ON N1G 4Y1
- Outages and power supply issues 24/7/365
- Customer Service (Monday – Friday, 8:30 – 4:30)
- By extension or employee directory