Only companies in Ontario that operate commercial or public fleets are eligible to receive incentives towards the installation of EV chargers through this program.
- Fleets must be owned by the ultimate recipient and used to support organizational or business operations and activities
- Charging stations are to be used for light-duty, medium-duty and/or heavy-duty fleet vehicles that are managed by common ownership
- Light-duty: Vehicles with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) less than 4,535 kilograms and include GVWR classes 1 and 2
- Medium-duty: Vehicles with a GVWR between 4,536 kilograms to 11,793 kilograms, and include GVWR classes 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Heavy-duty: Vehicles with a GVWR over 11,793 kilograms and include GVWR classes 7 and 8
- Chargers can be used for either on-street or off-street electric vehicles
- Includes, but is not limited to:
- Delivery vehicles
- Municipal utility vehicles
- Airport ground support vehicles
Need help? Email us to check your eligibility.
Through this program, eligible applicants can receive up to 50% of project costs back, up to a maximum of $100,000 per application.
Type of Infrastructure
Maximum Funding for Indigenous businesses and communitites
Level 2 (208 / 240 V) connector
3.3 kW to 19.2 kW
Up to 50% of total project costs, to a maximum of $5,000 per connector
Up to 75% of total project costs, to a maximum of $7,500 per connector
20 kW to 49 kW
Up to 50% of total project costs, to a maximum of $15,000 per charger
Up to 75% of total project costs, to a maximum of $22,500 per charger
50 kW to 99 Kw
Up to 50% of total project costs, to a maximum of $50,000 per charger
Up to 75% of total project costs, to a maximum of $75,000 per charger
100 kW to 199 kW
Up to 50% of total project costs, to a maximum of $75,000 per charger
Up to 75% of total project costs, to a maximum of $99,999 per charger
Charging infrastructure targeting use by on-street and/or off-street commercial or public fleets must be installed in a parking space clearly identified for the exclusive purpose of charging Zero Emission Vehicles. Chargers will have the ability to communicate to other stations and/or to a server or the cloud through cellular/wireless signal or connected vehicle communications using software to report on usage and/or other capabilities such as providing real-time status of charging stations. Chargers will be commercially available and certified for use in Canada. Level 2 chargers will have a SAE J1772 standard plug head or be a proprietary connector type. DC Fast Chargers include one or more of the following charging connector types: CHAdeMO, SAE J1772 Combo (CCS) or be a proprietary connector type. Proprietary connector types will represent a maximum of 75% of all charging connectors installed at the same Sub-Project site.
Eligible costs for an approved project must be directly related to, and necessary for, the implementation of the project. Examples include:
- Capital expenses, including informatics and other equipment or infrastructure
- Rental fees or leasing costs
- License fees and permits
- Costs associated with Environmental Assessments
- Professional services (e.g. data collection, logistics, printing, distribution)
- Overhead expenses directly related to the project
Step 1: Application Completion
- To be eligible for an incentive, you must obtain pre-approval of your application from Alectra, before any work begins
- Download and complete the Program Application form (PDF), Additional Location form [(if required) PDF], Participant Agreement (PDF) and Site Access Verification Form (PDF)
- Submit detailed quotation, specification sheets and proof of ownership (tax bill, deed or declaration)
- Send completed forms to email@example.com
Step 2: Review & Approval
- Alectra will review your submitted documents and determine whether you are approved to proceed
- A representative will contact you to let you know the status of your application
Step 3: Provide Cost Details
- After being pre-approved, you will have 90 days to submit a signed quote or purchase order by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 4: Complete Your Project
- Your project must be installed and operational 9 months from your pre-approval date – please contact email@example.com to notify us when completed
- Upon completion, we will require proof of operation, photos of signage and a photo of the online portal with station ID to confirm network connectivity. Invoices, proof of payment and photos of the installation are also required.
- Once these materials have been reviewed and approved, you will need to submit your claim (invoice) within 30 days. From there, a cheque will be issued for your approved incentive amount!
Still Have Questions?
We’d be happy to help! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.