Do you live in Guelph or Rockwood? Download the Guelph newsletter in PDF format.
Welcome to the Alectra Utilities customer newsletter: your source for timely and helpful electricity news that matters to you. Stay informed with short articles about Alectra services, new developments, support programs, electricity prices, energy conservation, safety tips and much more.
This year, Alectra is committing $1.3 million to grassroots organizations through AlectraCARES, and we’re also investing $221.7 million into our electrical grid. Find your city or town in the links below for more details:
- Community support plan. Alectra sponsors programs and events that support important causes, including mental health, diversity, food security and many others. See our list at: AlectraUtilities.com/2023CommunityPlan
- Capital construction plan. At Alectra, we’re constantly constructing and improving electricity infrastructure to increase our grid’s reliability and capacity. Check out the updates where you live: AlectraUtilities.com/2023CapitalPlan
We understand that unexpected challenges may impact your ability to keep your Alectra bill up to date. Even if you’re behind on payments, it’s important to remember that you’re still in control. Call us at our dedicated customer payment support number 1-844-547-1542, which is now open until 6 p.m. Monday to Friday and from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, to make a payment or set up flexible payment arrangements to avoid any disruption in service. Here are five ways to get back on track for eligible customers:
- Arrears Payment Agreement: provides more time to pay balances
- Equal Payment Plan: splits annual charges into equal monthly payments
- Low-income Energy Assistance Program: offers financial assistance
- Ontario Electricity Support Program: provides monthly credits on bills
- Energy Affordability Program: offers energy-saving home upgrades
For more information on financial support, visit: AlectraUtilities.com/Help
More financial support now offered through updated Energy Affordability Program: The EAP helps customers lower their electricity bills through efficient home upgrades. The income eligibility threshold has now been raised to include four-person households up to $84,872 before tax, and couples up to $60,014. Find out if you qualify at: SaveOnEnergy.ca/EAP
Alectra Utilities is donating two healthy meals to local food banks every time a customer like you switches to paperless billing.
By going paperless, you’ll have safe, convenient online access to your electricity bills, and you’ll get a monthly email reminder when your bill is ready to view. Plus, when you switch to ebilling, it will support Feed Ontario by providing nutritious food to hungry children in our communities.
Help us reach our goal of donating 100,000 healthy meals to children in need – go paperless today at: AlectraUtilities.com/GoPaperless
If you’re a residential or small business customer, you can choose to switch between Time-of-Use (TOU) and Tiered electricity prices.
- Sign up for or log into My Account at AlectraUtilities.com/MyAccountLogin to switch your rate option under Meter Data and Price Comparison; or
- Submit a Rate Option Selection form online, by email or by postal mail. The form is available at: AlectraUtilities.com/CustomerChoice
To continue with your current price plan, no action is required.
COMING SOON: We’re looking forward to offering the new Ultra-Low Overnight (ULO) price plan to our customers starting in fall 2023 – stay tuned!
Reminder: The summer TOU hours and summer Tier threshold of 600 kWh for residential customers are in effect from May 1, 2023, to October 31, 2023. Prices remain unchanged, and the Ontario Electricity Rebate is 11.7 per cent. Visit AlectraUtilities.com/Rates for current electricity prices in your area.
The system-wide supply mix is the combination of power sources that are used to generate the electricity consumed in Ontario. The table below discloses the system-wide electricity supply mix data for 2022, which was published by the Ontario Energy Board on March 31, 2023.
Ontario's Electricity Mix
*Includes Lennox, dual fuel (natural gas/bioenergy) and non-contracted emitting generation consistent with Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO).
**Other represents a variety of non-contracted fuel types that the IESO is unable to categorize due to a lack of information from Local Distribution Companies (LDCs).
Notes: Figures may not add to 100% due to rounding. Figures do not account for the sale and retirement of Clean Energy Credits (CECs).
Some scams can be threatening, while others sound too good to be true. If you receive a suspicious phone call, text or email, Alectra Utilities advises that you always check your most recent bill and:
- Never pay for a charge that isn’t listed on your bill.
- Never provide your credit card or personal account information.
- Don’t click on suspicious links or call an unknown phone number.
- Do call Alectra Customer Service at 1-833-ALECTRA to check your account status.
If you believe you may be a victim of fraud, report the incident to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre online at AntiFraudCentre-CentreAntiFraude.ca or by phone at 1-888-495-8501. Learn more at: AlectraUtilities.com/Scams