Information for customers and stakeholders
Alectra is actively monitoring the impacts of COVID-19 on our operations and we remain focused on two key priorities throughout the pandemic:
- employee and public safety; and
- the continued reliable delivery of power to the homes and businesses we serve
Our operations crews and support staff are working in the field, warehouses, and control rooms where strict Covid-19 safety protocols remain in place.
Alectra has robust contingency plans in place to address challenges resulting from the pandemic – including staff shortages.
While we are focused on the supply of electricity to homes and businesses, our top priority remains crew and public safety and the restoration of power outages to ensure that the service that our customers rely on remains secure.
Alectra Operations status - May 1, 2022
Alectra is taking active measures to support customers and protect its employees and the public as the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues to evolve.
- Our Emergency Operations Centre continues to work closely with the province and our municipal partners on safely resuming operations.
- Alectra’s field operations, including essential construction and new connection activities continue to be prioritized. We appreciate your patience and understanding as wait times may be longer than normal.
- On November 1, 2021, we implemented a Vaccine Policy for visitors entering Alectra premises. As of November 12, 2021, Alectra requires all clients, suppliers, vendors, contractors, and all other visitors to provide satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to their entry into Alectra facilities.
We're here to help
If your account is overdue and you’re having difficulties catching up, please contact us at 1.833.ALECTRA to talk about payment plans. We offer flexible payment arrangements to give customers more time to pay their outstanding balances. The Arrears Payment Agreement is available to eligible residential and small business customers who are unable to pay their electricity bill.